Links that help with concepts learned in class:
Links to some math resources that may be handy:
- Online GeoBoards to practice geometric figures
- Tessellations by M. C. Escher
- Printable graph paper (opens in a new window)
- Printable graph paper (small grid) (opens in a new window)
- Tenths Grids.
- Hundredths Grids.
- Thousandths Grids.
- Crystal Caste or Talon Comics are online sources for dice to use with math games and facts practice, if you do not have a local hobby store. These sites were only partially set up when I found them, and I have not used them to order things, so I cannot vouch for their security. Please let me know if you have any good or bad experiences with these sites!
- Math book online! See your textbook from home. (Don't rely on this for homework, there were numerous errors or differences found in the online book.) Play the games! Parents should email Mrs. Barragree if you would like this year's username & password for your child to use.
- McGraw-Hill Math website has activities and resources that align to our learning objectives! Look under 5th grade, then find the appropriate chapter and lesson.
- Harcourt Math website has additional activities and resources from a different publisher! Look under 5th grade, then find the appropriate chapter and lesson to match what you want to practice.
- If math makes you nervous, check out this helpful website about dealing with Math Anxiety
Links to other websites to practice a variety of math skills:
Check out these math-teaching music videos!
SmartBoard interactive sites list for classroom use